The purpose of the Approval Committee of the Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine（JCLAM）shall be to approve and award diplomate status for its graduates in Laboratory Animal Medicine.
The Approval Committee shall function under the purview of the Board of Directors.
The Approval Committee shall include a Chairperson and a Vice Chairperson.
The Chairperson shall lead and direct the Approval Committee. The Vice Chairperson shall assist the Chairperson. When the Chairperson is unable to attend to his/her duties, the Vice Chairperson shall assume said duties.
The Board of Directors shall nominate a Chairperson, a Vice Chairperson, and members of the Approval Committee from among the Diplomates of the Laboratory Animal Medicine, and the President shall appoint them to the Committee.
The Chairperson shall select the members from among the Diplomates to perform their Committee service.
The names of the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, and members shall be publicized for three year on the web-site.
A Committee officer’s term of office including the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson shall be three years, and it shall be renewable.
The Chairperson shall qualify application forms that members of the Laboratory Animal Medicine must submit for qualification as new certification or updating for Diplomates of the JCLAM.
Two members of the Approval Committee shall perform qualification screenings, and the Chairperson shall make the final determination of whether the candidate should be approved for diplomate status.
The Approval Committee shall announce the result of the Certification creenings to the General Affairs Department, and shall request the Department to provide notice to the applicants.
The Approval Committee shall announce the names of the applicants who pass the Certification Screening before receiving certification tests to the Examination Implication Committee.
The Approval Committee shall review the final results of the certification tests to evaluate them on a pass/fail basis.
The Approval Committee shall report to the Board of Directors about the admission decisions for each candidate in diplomate status.
The Approval Committee shall certify the number of units of Diplomate qualification, depending on the request of participants in symposiums and workshops that societies and organizations other than JCLAM and JALAM organize.
When a foreign veterinarian applies for qualification screening for the JCLAM, the Approval Committee shall judge whether the veterinarian license that the applicant holds is equivalent to the Japanese license.
The Board of Directors shall determine revision and termination of this rule.
This rule shall be put into effect on May 15, 2013.
Last Revised on August 25, 2015.
- Revision of JCLAM members’ list on April 1st, 2017.
- Diplomate Approval Rule was revised on September 23, 2016.
- Bylaws in rules was revised on May 25, 2016.
- The meeting of 159th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2016.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 4, 2016.
- The meeting of 63th JSVS was opened on May 18 to 20, 2016.
- Statement about "Laboratory Animal Transportation” was opened on November 15, 2015.
- Statement about sedation, anesthesia, and euthanasia in a rodent fetus and newborn was opened on August 11, 2015.
- The meeting of 158th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2015.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 6, 2015.
- The meeting of 62th JSVS was opened on May 28 to 30, 2015.