Article I – Purpose
The Bylaws of this organization shall be established by rules of Article VIII in the Articles of the Association in the Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (JCLAM).
Article II – Recognition
Diplomates of the Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (JCLAM) shall be certified by the authorized rules.
Article III – Project
This organization shall perform the projects listed below to establish the purpose of the JCLAM.
1) Certification of qualified Diplomates of JCLAM
2) Decision on examinations for the certification
3) Holding the academic meeting
4) Training and educational projects
5) Publication of the bulletin
6) Registration of members and mutual communication
7) Mutual communication with relevant organs and societies
8) Other projects
Article IV – Duties of the officers
The President shall represent this organization and organize all affairs of the Committees.
The Vice President shall assist the President. When the President is unable to attend his/her duties, the Vice President shall assume said duties.
The Director shall organize the Board of Directors, discuss important agenda items of its administration, and carry them out.
The Board of Directors shall authorize the general manager and Chairpersons of various Committees perform council activities, such as those having to do with general affairs, accounts, bulletin publication, certification, or meetings.
The Board of Directors shall be authorized to install various Committees as needed.
Detailed rules for administration of the Board of Directors shall be established.
The inspector shall inspect the execution of duties and accounts in this organization.
Article V – General meeting
The general meeting shall be held once a year. However, the meeting may be held more often, when circumstances for doing so are presented by more than half the number of the President and the Board of Directors.
The President shall convene the general meeting and the Vice President shall be its chairman.
The general meeting shall be established by the attendance more than one-fifths of the members and presentation of the letter of proxy. The general matters shall be voted upon and determined by agreement of more than half the number of attendants.
Important matters with serious influence on the operation of this organization shall be voted upon and determined by agreement of more than two-thirds the number of attendants.
Article VI – Deliberation decision
The general meeting shall deliberate and determine the general matters listed below.
1) The business report and settlement of accounts
2) The business plan and budget
3) The election and dismissal of officers, etc.
4) Other matters
The general meeting shall deliberate and determine the important matters below.
1) Revision of rules of a society
2) Revision of the Bylaws
Article VII – Accounts
The fiscal year of the meeting shall be from August 1 to the next July 31.
The expenses of the meeting shall be covered by examination charges, certification charges, a donation, and other income sources.
Article VIII – Maintenance of confidentiality
Any information known by a person under the business of this party should be shared only among members and the person must not disclose or leak it to a third party.
Any publicly known or already published information shall be excluded from the confidentiality obligation, regardless of the rule of Session 1.
The rule in maintenance of confidentiality shall be applied to regular members, and Honorary and Retired Diplomates in the Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (JCLAM).
The effective period for maintenance of confidentiality shall be ten years following the day of disclosure and presentation. The period shall also be applied to a person who has resigned from the membership.
Article IX– Expulsion
A person who performed a behavior against the purpose of the main meeting, unethical activity, insult against the members in this organization, or breach of confidentiality may be expulsed from a list of members belonging to the organization of JCLAM.
Expulsion shall be determined by agreements of more than 2-third
regular members in a general meeting.
Article X – Propose of revision
More than two regular members shall propose to revise the Bylaws
of the JCLAM.
Proposed matters shall be determined in the general meeting.
This role shall be administered on April 1st, 2012.
This role shall be administered on April 1st, 2014.
This role shall be administered on April 1, 2016.
Last Revised on May 25, 2016.
- Revision of JCLAM members’ list on April 1st, 2017.
- Diplomate Approval Rule was revised on September 23, 2016.
- Bylaws in rules was revised on May 25, 2016.
- The meeting of 159th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2016.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 4, 2016.
- The meeting of 63th JSVS was opened on May 18 to 20, 2016.
- Statement about "Laboratory Animal Transportation” was opened on November 15, 2015.
- Statement about sedation, anesthesia, and euthanasia in a rodent fetus and newborn was opened on August 11, 2015.
- The meeting of 158th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2015.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 6, 2015.
- The meeting of 62th JSVS was opened on May 28 to 30, 2015.