The Japanese College of Laboratory Animal medicine (JCLAM) advances the humane
care and responsible use of laboratory animals for the advancement of biomedical
science for human and animal welfare through certification of veterinary
specialists, professional development, education and research. JCLAM establishes
standards of education, training, experience and expertise necessary to become
qualified as a specialist and recognizes that achievement through board
JCLAM actively promotes the advancement of knowledge in this field through
professional continuing education activities, the development of educational
materials and the conduct of research in laboratory animal medicine and science.
JCLAM fosters the recognition of its members who contribute to human and animal
health improvements by being the leaders of the veterinary medical specialty
known as laboratory animal medicine.
JCLAM contributes to international advancement of biomedical science as a member
college of the International Association of Colleges of Laboratory Animal
- Revision of JCLAM members’ list on April 1st, 2017.
- Diplomate Approval Rule was revised on September 23, 2016.
- Bylaws in rules was revised on May 25, 2016.
- The meeting of 159th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2016.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 4, 2016.
- The meeting of 63th JSVS was opened on May 18 to 20, 2016.
- Statement about "Laboratory Animal Transportation” was opened on November 15, 2015.
- Statement about sedation, anesthesia, and euthanasia in a rodent fetus and newborn was opened on August 11, 2015.
- The meeting of 158th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2015.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 6, 2015.
- The meeting of 62th JSVS was opened on May 28 to 30, 2015.