Article I – Name
This organization shall be known as the Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (JCLAM).
Article II – Incorporation
The Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (JCLAM) shall be incorporated as a nonprofit educational, research, and scientific organization.
Article III – Purpose
This organization shall encourage education, training, and research concerning the health, medicine, and welfare of laboratory animals.
This organization shall recognize qualified Diplomates of the Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine by certification.
The Diplomates shall have the opportunity for mutual study and the exchange of specialized information.
Article IV – Membership
Membership in this organization shall be open to the Diplomates of the Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine.
Members must belong to the Japanese Association for Laboratory Animal Medicine (JALAM).
Honorary members and Retired Diplomates shall not be included in the membership of JCLAM, nor have the right to vote.
Article V – Certification
To be certified as a Diplomate, a candidate must meet all the requirements set forth in the Bylaws for such certification.
Article VI – Officers
The following officers of this organization shall be standing.
Directors – one to three people
Inspectors – two people
An officer’s term of office shall be three years, and it shall be renewable.
The Director shall be elected from among the Diplomates and appointed in a general meeting. Only Diplomates, in good standing, shall be eligible for election.
Directors shall elect a President, a Vice President, and a Director of the General Affairs Department by mutual election.
The Inspector shall be elected from among the Diplomates by the Board of Directors, and appointed in the general meeting. The Director may not serve as an Inspector.
Article VII – Board of Directors
The Board of Directors shall consist of the President, the Vice President, the Director of the General Affairs Department, and the other directors.
The Board of Directors shall administrate the council affairs as an executive organ of the Japanese Association for Laboratory Animal Medicine (JCLAM).
Article VIII – Bylaws
Operation of this organization shall be established through procedures set forth in the Bylaws.
Article IX – Revision
More than two regular members may propose to revise the Constitution of the JCLAM.
The proposal shall be discussed and determined in the general meeting.
This rule shall be put into effect on April 1, 2012.
Last Revised on August 25, 2015.
- Revision of JCLAM members’ list on April 1st, 2017.
- Diplomate Approval Rule was revised on September 23, 2016.
- Bylaws in rules was revised on May 25, 2016.
- The meeting of 159th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2016.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 4, 2016.
- The meeting of 63th JSVS was opened on May 18 to 20, 2016.
- Statement about "Laboratory Animal Transportation” was opened on November 15, 2015.
- Statement about sedation, anesthesia, and euthanasia in a rodent fetus and newborn was opened on August 11, 2015.
- The meeting of 158th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2015.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 6, 2015.
- The meeting of 62th JSVS was opened on May 28 to 30, 2015.