Introduction of JCLAM
The college was founded in 1999 when the first generation of Diplomates were awarded by the Japanese Society of Laboratory Animal Medicine (JALAM). In 2012 the board of directory of JALAM has decided that the independency of the College.
JCLAM Forum will not be held at the 68th Annual Meeting of Japanese Association for Laboratory Animal Science.
Postponement of Certification of Diplomates in 2020
President of the Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine
Kurosawa, Miki Tsutomu
Due to the influence of COVID-19, the Board of Directors has decided to postpone examination for the certification of new diplomates and updating diplomates in 2020.
We are very sorry for members who have already prepared for this event.
The conditions for certification will be changed as follows:
1) New accreditation: The 23rd JCLAM certification examination, which was scheduled to be held in September 2020, will not be held. The 23rd certification exam will be held in September 2021. The application of examination for newly certification will be opened in April 2021.
2) Update of certification or transition of certification to Diplomate emeritus: If you are planning to update or transfer your certification in 2020, you will be eligible for the next year. Your DJCLAM status will remain intact for one year after postponement. The application of examination for updating certification or transition of certification will be opened in April 2021.
3) Credits required for accreditation: Credits and requirements for newly or updating applications, earned in the last five years (participation in symposiums and other events organized by JALAM and JCLAM, etc.) will be limited to five years, excluding the postponed period. Credits implemented during the postponed period will also be accredited (effectively six years).
The table below helps to recognize your situation.
|JCLAM fiscal year||Date of certification||Application for certification||Period of proximate 5 years||Newly certified Diplomates||Updating Diplomates|
|2021-2022||2021/12/25||2021/5||2015/06/01-2021/05/31||23rd||2nd (Certification ID： 037）, 3rd (046, 047, 049, 050, 056, 057), 8th (065, 066), 13th (085), 17th (126), 18th (131, 132, 133, 134)|
|2022-2023||2022/12/25||2022/5||2016/06/01-2022/05/31||24th||4th, 9th, 14th, 19th|
|2023-2024||2023/12/25||2023/5||2017/06/01-2023/05/31||25th||5th, 10th, 15th, 20th|
|2024-2025||2024/12/25||2024/5||2018/06/01-2024/05/31||26th||1st, 6th, 11th, 16th, 21th|
|2025-2026||2025/12/25||2025/5||2019/06/01-2025/05/31||27th||12th, 17th, 22nd|
|2026-2027||2026/12/25||2026/5||2021/06/01-2026/05/31||28th||3rd, 8th, 13th, 18th, 23rd|
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns, or if you have any comments regarding the postponement on certification.
Meeting on 2020.
- The 163th meeting of the Japanese Society of Veterinary Science (JSVS) will be opened on September 8 to 10 (held on the Web).
- The 67th meeting of the Japanese Association for Laboratory Animal Science (JALAS) will be opened on May 23 to 25 (held on the Web).
Meeting on 2019.
- The 162th meeting of the Japanese Society of Veterinary Science (JSVS) will be opened on September 10 to 12.
- The 66th meeting of the Japanese Association for Laboratory Animal Science (JALAS) will be opened on May 15 to 17.
Meeting on 2018.
- The 65th meeting of JSVS will be opened on May. 16th to 18th, 2018.
- The meeting of JALAM will be opened on Sep. 11th to 13th, 2018.
Meeting on 2017.
- The 64th meeting of JSVS will be opened on May. 25th to 27th, 2017.
- The 160th meeting of JALAM will be opened on Sep. 13th to 15th, 2017.
Meetings on 2016.
The meeting of JSVS was opened on May 18th, 2016.
The meeting of JALAM was opened on Sep. 7th, 2016.
Examination on 2016.
The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 4th, 2016.
Laboratory Animal Transportation
JCLAM recognizes the vital role of live animals in research, and supports animal based research as a legitimate, necessary, and socially responsible activity. Domestic and international transport of animals is essential to maintaining progress toward advances in human and animal health. Research animal transportation is conducted under highly supervised conditions, in accordance with strict, accepted standards, and in compliance with a variety of government regulations. Transport by experienced and licensed animal couriers ensures the safe and appropriate handling of animals.
JCLAM supports the continued transportation of live animals for research purposes in accord with the aforementioned standards and regulations.
- Diplomate emeritus list was added on July 2, 2020.
- Diplomate list was revised on July 1, 2020.
- Postponement of Certification of Diplomates in 2020 was indicated on June 17, 2020.
- Educational program was revised on June 16, 2020.
- Certification schedule was revised on June 12, 2020.
- JCLAM Role of Delineation Document was added on June 10, 2020.
- Added the 17th certification exam paper on November 15, 2018.
- Update Certification Schedule on September 25, 2018.
- Update Educational Programs and Wet hand Trainings on September 20, 2018.
- Revision of JCLAM members’ list on April 1st, 2017.
- Diplomate Approval Rule was revised on September 23, 2016.
- Bylaws in rules was revised on May 25, 2016.
- The meeting of 159th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2016.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 4, 2016.
- The meeting of 63th JSVS was opened on May 18 to 20, 2016.
- Statement about "Laboratory Animal Transportation” was opened on November 15, 2015.
- Statement about sedation, anesthesia, and euthanasia in a rodent fetus and newborn was opened on August 11, 2015.
- The meeting of 158th JALAM was opened on September 6 to 8, 2015.
- The certification test for the Diplomate of the JCLAM was performed on September 6, 2015.
- The meeting of 62th JSVS was opened on May 28 to 30, 2015.